Prolonged anxiety, excessive worrying, and persistent feelings of dread can hold you back from living a full life. At McLean Counseling Center, we work closely with each patient’s individual needs to design a treatment plan that works for them.
Anxiety Treatment Methods
We offer a variety of treatments for anxiety that help people lead the life they want. Our caring therapists use clinically-proven methods to treat the deep, underlying causes of anxiety, facilitating lasting change and healing.
We work with each individual to replace deep-seated emotional reactions with peaceful,
healthy responses. By breaking cyclical patterns of worry, patients feel empowered and enjoy a
Our team uses a variety of treatment methods to help our patients:
Even simple lifestyle changes can help manage anxiety symptoms. This can include:
- Switching to a healthier diet
- Avoiding foods that raise your blood sugar
- Avoiding substances that cause energy bursts and crashes (like caffeine)
- Incorporating daily exercise into your routine
- Avoiding drugs and alcohol, which can exacerbate anxiety
While it’s possible to implement these changes on your own, many patients find it helpful to walk through these changes with a therapist who can offer support, troubleshoot obstacles, and find sustainable ways to make lasting changes.
Symptoms of an Anxiety Attack:
Many people who experience panic attacks don’t recognize them for what they are. Knowing the symptoms of anxiety attacks can help you recognize them and respond accordingly:
- Feelings of intense terror
- Difficulty breathing
- Uncontrollable shaking or tremors
- Intense feelings of dread or foreboding – these can be focused on a specific fear, but can also be general